[Books] [Coming Soon] [Contests] [Free Stuff] [Links] [Meet Mary] [Newsletter] [New Releases] [Podcasts] [Home]

 

Thursday, March 13, 2008 Writing Without Distractions

On the heels of yesterday's conversation about writing being work, today the writing was effortless. I've settled into a new rhythm where once I get up, take a shower, and check my email, I spend the next four hours or so in the living room with my laptop until I have to sign on for work. Not only does this get me out of my den, something that's really important to me, but also lets me spend time with the kitties (we're still socializing the kitten so my den door is closed while I'm working). Well the other side of this is that since my desktop computer is gathering the email, I don't have any distractions while I'm writing.

And today I got all my day's writing done before going back to go on for work.

Hooray!

I am firmly in the camp of those who love writing without distractions. No emails. No IMs. Just me, my laptop, and my muse.

May your muse sing for you today!

Posted by Mary Winter :: 9:05 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------