[Books] [Coming Soon] [Contests] [Free Stuff] [Links] [Meet Mary] [Newsletter] [New Releases] [Podcasts] [Home]

 

Saturday, March 08, 2008 Finding Your Bliss...Bears?

So when making reservations for this weekend's trip down to see my land in Missouri, I had the choice of a few different hotels. The one I chose? Why the one with bears as their mascot, of course. Sleepy Bear is so adorable (Travelodge). And besides, we've stayed here before and it's a great place for a pretty good price.

But that brings me to today's topic. Finding your bliss. My partner thinks its funny that I had to pack some GI Joes for the trip. The boys wanted to see their future home and besides, after finishing Sawyer and Dean's story, they had to bring their buddy Hugh along. He's a bit bummed that I haven't started his tale yet. So, I thought a bit of outdoors hiking would be just the thing for them.

So I stay a hotel with bears as their mascot. I bring my GI joes along. Yeah, I'm giddy like a kid in a candy store, but you know what? I've found my bliss. My boys. My stories. The tales in my head. It's all good.

I think we need that. I joke to mom and grandma that it sucks being a grown up. I just want to come home from school, make myself a pb&j sandwich and play video games all day. This whole working, paying bills, being well...gosh darn it, mature...isn't fun all the time. That's where your bliss comes in. If I can laugh about my GI Joes or my bears, then it adds a bit of fun into my life.

I remember when we came down to go camping last fall and I found out there'd been bear signs not far from the land. I lay in the tent thinking damn, we're the warmest thing in a few hundred acres and we smell like food. But you know what? We could be attacked by a BEAR! Hooray for bears!!!! (okay so I also worry WAY too much about things).

I think everyone needs some bliss in their lives. Find something you love and run with it! Who knows what you might find?

Posted by Mary Winter :: 8:30 AM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------